Monday, November 15, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

And Kerfuffle returns! Sorry for the long absence - I had quite possibly the busiest and most stressful two months of my life, culminating in Haunt the Zoo and a vacation to Mexico! Photos from that trip coming soon!

Anyway, a blogger friend of mine does this "Menu Plan Monday" thing (and a LOT of other bloggers participate as well). I don't know why but it's interesting to read about what other people are eating for dinner. And since I have actually pre-planned and shopped for all of my meals this week, I decided to participate! Steven and I spent a lot of time during the past two months eating microwave miracles, frozen skillet dinners and sandwiches, so I returned from vacation determined to cook healthy, satisfying dinners. Plus, it's getting colder outside, which means all my favorite comfort foods are back in season - soups, chilis, casseroles, etc. If you have any favorite soup, stew or chili recipes, send them my way!

Here's this week's meal plan:
Sunday: Beef pot roast with carrots and potatoes
Monday: Chicken pot pie with salad
Tuesday: Quick beef stew with homemade cornbread
Wednesday: Sandwich night! (I reserve the right to not cook at least one weeknight)
Thursday: Grilled marinated chicken breasts, long grain & wild rice, steamed green beans with almonds
Friday: Pork spaghetti bolognese with green salad and garlic toast

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good. I like menu planning because it eliminates that "It's 4 p.m. and I don't have any idea what to cook!" thing. I don't always stick to my plan because life happens but at least it gives me a starting point.

    ReplyDelete